Me at parties
Douglas Adams is the best when it comes to describe characters
we need to teach classes on Douglas Adams analogies okay
“He leant tensely against the corridor wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.”
"The Galaxy, which had been enjoying a period of unusual peace and prosperity at the time, reeled like a man getting mugged in a meadow.”
"it was a deep, hollow malevolent voice which sounded like molten tar glurping out of a drum with evil on its mind.”
"Stones, then rocks, then boulders which pranced past him like clumsy puppies, only much, much bigger, much, much harder and heavier, and almost infinitely more likely to kill you if they fell on you.”
"… a large and voluminous creature who looked like someone losing a fight with a pink duvet …”
"He screwed up his face and then dropped his head forward, shaking it like someone trying to shake a coin out of a money box.”
"He gazed keenly into the distance and looked as if he would quite like the wind to blow his hair back dramatically at that point, but the wind was busy fooling around with some leaves a little way off.”
"He leapt to his feet like an author hearing the phone ring”
"he started to stalk forward slowly and stealthily wearing a puzzled frown of concentration, like a leopard that’s not sure whether it’s just seen a half-empty tin of cat food half a mile away across a hot and dusty plain.”
"it looked only partly like a spaceship with guidance fins, rocket engines and escape hatches and so on, and a great deal like a small upended Italian bistro.”
"If it was an emotion, it was a totally emotionless one. It was hatred, implacable hatred. It was cold, not like ice is cold, but like a wall is cold. It was impersonal, not as a randomly flung fist in a crowd is impersonal, but like a computer-issued parking summons is impersonal. And it was deadly - again, not like a bullet or a knife is deadly, but like a brick wall across a motorway is deadly.”h2G2 has one of my favorites: “It hung weightlessly in the air in much the same way bricks don’t.”
No Time - The Monkees - 1967
Omfg this is perfect mIKE
Roger Waters beats police officers with dildos pass it on
- My gym is 24 hours. I could go to the gym.
- Except I kind of collapsed twice today and slept for like 20 hours.
- it’s 10pm why aren’t I tired?
- Oh yeah, didn’t wake up until 2pm.
- I should cook.
- But I didn’t finish the dinner I made yesterday.
- I’ll re-heat that.
- Oh no I won’t. I’ll throw that out.
- Now my whole room smells bad.
- I should get out for a while.
- I could go to the gym….
Slowly replacing the negative thoughts with colors and beautiful things.
exactly what i did
- IQ album box sets are being sent out soon. It’s not here today and I’m going to mother’s for a couple of days. I WANT IT TO GET HERE SOON BUT DON’T WANT IT TO GET STOLEN AND/OR EATEN BY FERAL STUDENTS OH GOD OG OD OHGOD.
- I’m super ugly and don’t want to leave the house ever again.
- ~that time of the month~ seems to happen every 2 weeks and my iron levels and blood pressure go stupidly low and long story short I have slept for 17 hours and collapsed twice because my stupid body can’t keep it’s blood together.
- I feel sick and all I want is COLD diet pepsi and Chinese food but I am poor and should probably eat the garlic bread in the fridge before I go to mother’s.
- I feel bleh and dizzy and just want to play computer games and listen to Dr Who audios but I sort of have a whole lot of essay to write. I’m legit unwell but I’d feel like a total cheat if I applied for more time because I’m a weakling who can’t handle periods.
- Want to go back to bed but have sort of slept through the past 2 days and might have to actually do something else now.
- Trying to study = 50% OMG THIS BOOK IS HEAVY + 50% OMG READING MAKESM E DIZZY.
- So done with this week.
- I just want easter to be over so I can buy damaged chocolat e eggs for cheap and be smug.
- so tireds. please send progs.
(sexy jelly wizard)
Apparently this is "The clearest photo of Mercury ever taken."
why isnt everyone getting so excited about this, it is literally another planet look at how beautiful it is stop what your doing and look at how alien like this planet is what is living there oh my god mercury
…if there is something actively living there right now I would fear it because do you know how fucking hot it is on that rock
mark your territory by crying on things